Saturday, January 10, 2009

stumble down a yellow brick road...

Hmmm... yesterday I was oddly productive, considering my recent track record. I wrote about 4 more pages for my latest story, which brings me up to 9. Trying not to get carried away, but I'm pretty optimistic about this one. Trying to just accept the momentum and roll with it, not worry about what could go wrong. 
Of course, my 4 pages took all day, the time in between writing spent with my usual mindless pursuits.
Mindless seems to be the word for my break. I've been so bored and so excited to go back, although now I'm slightly panicked that I've hardly done a thing. Even worse, yesterday I realized I'm 100% back to my old routine--it's like I never went to school at all. I eat, I sleep, I work, I fill the time with mindless things. When I first left, Bryn Mawr felt like a glorious dream. Then I remembered it was real. Now it's fading again. I can picture everything perfectly, but somehow I can't remember how it was so seamless, so natural. How was that ever normal for me? I keep trying to imagine what it will be like to set foot in the triple again for the first time. I picture Brecon just like it was, my home, yet now I feel like I'll be a stranger again.

And how do I get back there? I don't remember where I found the wardrobe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It'll all come back to you. I've been gone for months, but when I arrived yesterday, instinct took over and it's as if I had not missed last semester, except for some trivial facts e.g. my Russian is rusty.