Monday, January 5, 2009

End the hate

Facing another truth:
Yesterday I turned the radio on for the first time in a while (what was once acceptable diversion is now unbearable THANK YOU RHODES) and heard Britney's new track, Circus.
Now I've never, ever been a Britney fan, but I have to admit she's bloody good at what she does, so today I'm ending the hate. (though I still have no words for the "Leave Britney alone" video)

 Her songs are polished, well-mixed and intoxicating. Sure they don't always make sense, but that's a minor detail. Just don't watch the Womanizer video, you will be confused and hope that Bono starts a charity to buy the poor girl a dictionary. 

But in all, there's something mesmerizing about the slick, stylized, faux-classy musical absence of taste... And show some respect, because no one does it better.

No comments: