Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BLEH!!

I like my poetry class. I truly do. Today I was inspired to scribble this little prose poem on my notes.
Unfortunately, my inspiration was not something pleasant, but rather the incredibly annoying individual in the class who really shouldn't speak. Or be there. And why is her hair pink?
I do not understand. 

An air of superiority hangs about her--
unwarranted--
like Beijing smog, and sickens me.
Each word: an announcement.
(Selected for an obnoxious air,
and empty illusion of importance.)
The smugness is palpable.
It stains her eyes as she
fixes them on each face in turn--
deliberate.
It drips out the corners of her mouth
and paints the cloying smile on.
Each word brings the bile to my throat.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Zebbie Watson. You are my hero.
...All your diction dripping with disdain... perhaps?