Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mad bummin', but still delightful...

Going to bed early in the same pajama pants I rolled out of bed in this morning and wore all day. I finished making a mix CD for my dad that I think he will like. I checked out The Builders and The Butchers, who Emily always talks about and I think Dad will be into them. 
I wrapped presents.
I read The Kite Runner before I wrapped it for my mom. I started looking through it and couldn't stop. My resolution to read more really isn't that hard... once I have a book in front of me, I can't put it down. I finished reading Five People You Meet in Heaven yesterday. 
Helped decorate the tree... it's becoming a traditional Christmas Eve activity, since Mike and I outgrew the childhood eagerness we traditionally can't get our shit together before then. 
And watched A Christmas Story!! Another Christmas Eve tradition which is still delightful after at least the 20th viewing. I grew up watching that movie every Christmas and from every perspective I've experienced it's equally excellent. Just a new perspective from which to love it. Everything is just perfect, from the script, to the score, to cast and the acting, the overall silliness and the wonderfully seamless flow of silliness. 
I find it really funny that the actor who played Ralphie actually exists and is affected by the passing of time. Observe...
I also love Randy. His character is basically effective by being as limp and passive as possible. Which makes those small facial expressions all the more funny.

And now I leave you with a few more indelible images.









 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... just as I have a six-inch Norfolk pine tree in place of the Christmas tree, I also have the equally inappropriate feeling of ennui that this Eve brings.

Merry Christmas, my love.